United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
- In the Republic of Ireland, abortion is illegal unless it is performed as a medical procedure performed to save the life of the woman; this is enshrined in law by the 'right to life of the unborn' under a a part of the constitution commonly called the Eighth Amendment. The Constitution also protects the right to travel to obtain an abortion outside the state and to receive information about services outside the state.
- 4,500 women travel from Ireland to England each year to have an abortion.
- In January 2018, the Irish government confirmed that it would hold a referendum on reform of the country's strict anti-abortion laws in May 2018.
- The UK birth rate in women over the age of 40 has doubled in the last ten years.
- The companies Apple and Facebook both offer egg freezing for their female staff.