Syrian Arab Republic
- Since March 2011, approximately 5.1 million people have fled Syria as refugees.
- It is estimated that almost half of the global refugee population is women.
- Occurrences of sexual violence rise dramatically in areas of conflict.
- Syrian Law requires a father present to register the birth of a child outside of Syria. This leaves thousands of Syrian children with no legal existence.
- Pregnant refugee women who have had their application for asylum in the UK denied have to pay up to £9,000 for NHS maternity services.